geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Anderson" <portlet...@gmail.com>
Subject adding support for sharedlib to tomcat module
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 23:51:46 GMT
I have encountered the same problem as Sunil did in my attempts to integrate
the Apache Pluto 1.1 jars into Geronimo ...

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Need-help-on-classloading-related-problem%28What-is-shared-lib-in-Apache-Geronimo%29-p5335050.html

Unfortunately, the response provided to Sunil does not seem to provide a
complete solution to the problem. It appears that the class loaders being
used by the Tomcat module do not include the Pluto 1.1 jars from the
sharedlib directory. This makes sense because the Tomcat module does not
appear to be including the sharedlib dependency in its deployment plan.

How would I go about adding this dependency to Tomcat? I don't have a lot of
maven experience and from searching/looking at the configuration files it
seems like I should be adding the dependency to either
'modules/tomcat/project.xml' or 'assemblies/j2ee-tomcat-server/project.xml'
and then rebuilding Geronimo? Alternately, I could explicitly add
dependencies for the pluto jars to the tomcat deployment plan instead of
using the sharedlib dependency but that would require that those jars be in
the repository at the time the tomcat module is built. This would seem to
require a more substantial change to the Geronimo build scripts which is
something I would like to avoid.

Am I on the right track?

Scott