geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XBean Classloader Issues
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:39:42 GMT
On 8/9/06, Stefan Kleineikenscheidt <stefan@kleineikenscheidt.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to embed XBean in an existing system, which classloader doesn't
> return sensible values when calling

Do you mean xbean class loaders, or your system classloaders ?

  cl.getImplementationVersion();  or

Do you mean  java.lang.Package.getImplementationVersion() ?

  cl.getResourceAsStream(name);

#1 results in a NPE thrown by Spring, when calling
> SpringVersion.getVersion();

I guess you have problems when using xbean application context, which now
call
   XBeanHelper.createBeanDefinitionReader
which uses SpringVersion.getVersion, right ?

#2 results in XBean not finding the property files, which contain the custom
> mappings.
>
> As I can't change the classloader easily, I have created a simple solution
> which lets XBean read a system property *after* everything else has
> failed.
> The system property points to a directory, where XBean can load the
> property
> files plus an additional xbean.properties file, which contains a property
> "spring.version".
>
> What do you think about this solution?  Should I open an issue for that
> and
> attach my patch?

Yes, please.

Thanks for feedback,