geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Daryl Robbins/MxI Technologies <daryl.robb...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: Using Transactions from a Client
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:12:32 GMT
Any word on when this functionality might make it into Geronimo? Thanks.

             David Jencks
             <david_jencks@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
                                       user@geronimo.apache.org
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Using Transactions from a
             Please respond to         Client
             user@geronimo.apa
                  che.org

On Aug 28, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Daryl Robbins/MxI Technologies wrote:

> Is there a way to access a UserTransaction instance from a client
> that is
> not running inside a J2EE client container? I want the client to
> start a
> transaction, which it will use to invoke session beans. For other
> application servers, I use JNDI to lookup a UserTransaction
> instance, but
> this does not appear to be possible in Geronimo. Any suggestions
> would be
> greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is not yet implemented, sorry.  Maybe you can find a way to
funnel the requests through a stateful session bean?

thanks
david jencks