geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Daryl Robbins/MxI Technologies <daryl.robb...@mxi.com>
Subject Using Transactions from a Client
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:32:16 GMT

Is there a way to access a UserTransaction instance from a client that is
not running inside a J2EE client container? I want the client to start a
transaction, which it will use to invoke session beans. For other
application servers, I use JNDI to lookup a UserTransaction instance, but
this does not appear to be possible in Geronimo. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *