geronimo-user mailing list archives

From j...@21technologies.com
Subject Deployment Question for Geronimo 1.1
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:00:11 GMT
I'm getting the following error in my geronimo.out when I try to deploy my
EAR.
Deployer operation failed: Module was not an EJB: MyEJB.jar
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Module was not an EJB:
MyEJB.jar

        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules(EARConfigBuilder.java:761)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(EARConfigBuilder.java:364)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(EARConfigBuilder.java:263)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:817)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.ConfigurationBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$4c1d63a.getDeploymentPlan(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:232)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:106)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:60)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

What am I missing?
My EAR contains the following:
APP-INF/lib:
        a bunch of shared jar files under APP-INF/lib
META-INF:
        application.xml
        MANIFEST.MF
and a bunch of EJB jars in the root of the EAR

Each EJB jar contains:
classes under the root
META-INF:
        MANIFEST.MF (they have references to jars in the EAR where
dependencies exist

My application.xml looks like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd">
<application>
  <display-name>MyAppName</display-name>
  <module>
    <ejb>MyEJB.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <!-- and a bunch more ejbs -->
</application>

Are there any other configuration files that I need? I got the impression
that the rest were all optional, but I'm guessing that I'm wrong.

--
Jimmy Wan
21st Century Technologies, Inc.

may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy
this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender
immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this email for any
purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.