geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Andrews" <swa...@rit.edu>
Subject Geronimo vs Oracle AS
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:34:20 GMT
We currently have an Oracle 9i AS environment which we are looking to
upgrade.  9i AS certainly has it's quirks but there are also features
that I have not seen in other products.

The biggest feature of Oracle AS is the ability to create components
which are essentially independent JVM processes and J2EE containers
which run a subset of the applications on the entire server.  The
ability to configure components individually is handy, not to mention
the security benefits of isolating applications.

Is there any similar feature in Geronimo, or is there a way to configure
Geronimo to behave similarly?

Even if this isn't possible, I'm impressed with what I have seen so far.

Thanks in advance,
Scott Andrews