geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Four Sticks" <>
Subject Re: NameNotFoundException with EJB created with Eclipse Geronimo plugin
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:42:33 GMT
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the tips.  I was able to do some research based on what you
suggested and learn enough about XDoclet to figure out what I needed
to change.  There were XDoclet elements to make the changes, as you
suggested.  So I thought I'd post back with the details about what I
found in case anyone else has this problem.

In the EJB Bean, in the Javadoc above the method I added, was the XDoclet tag
@ejb.interface-method view-type="remote"  changing this tag's property
to @ejb.interface-method view-type="both" will cause the method to
appear in both the Remote and Local interfaces.

Also I found that I needed to add the XDoclet tag @ejb.util
generate="logical"  to the class JavaDoc comment to generate the
correct Utility class to look up the EJB using the string that you
gave me earlier.

Once I made these two changes to the EJB Bean class, and rebuilt the
code, all the EJB code was generated correctly.

I still haven't found a wizard in the Eclipse Web Tools to edit the
web.xml to add the EJB references.  There may not be one available
yet, although there is one for adding the reference in web.xml for
servlets.  However if I edit web.xml by hand and add the ejb
references they do appear correctly in the Project View for the Web
Project in the J2EE perspective like the Servlet refrences do.

Thanks again for all your help and patience.

On 8/7/06, Aaron Mulder <> wrote:
> There may be a way to influence this.  If the JNDI name is wrong, you
> can try changing the ejb-ref-name in web.xml so that the resulting
> JNDI name will match what's used by TigerUtil.  Or if TigerUtil lacks
> the java:comp/env/ prefix, there may be an XDoclet element to make it
> use that prefix.

View raw message