geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <dennis.cart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using a Repository with Geronimo Plugins
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:24:14 GMT
Sorry, guys I think this may be a red herring. I found that the proxy
server setting made the difference. When I put the request through my
local squid, everything worked as expected, but when going direct the
request failed to complete.

This is now obvious that is a local issue with my VPN. I confirmed
this by installing a new G1.1 on a local Linux machine without
traversing the VPN and it works fine in all cases.

Sorry to waste your time. Thank you to Aaron and Jacob for your
helpful suggestions.

Dennis

On 8/1/06, Dennis Cartier <dennis.cartier@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will enter a JIRA as soon as I have isolated the exact combination
> that seems to be failing. I tried performing the same operation using
> IE rather than Firefox and it works.
>
> Dennis
>
> On 8/1/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> > OK, can you enter a new Jira describing the problems with the database
> > pool screen?  I thought it would only try to connect if you told it to
> > download a driver, but perhaps it's being too aggressive in trying to
> > retrieve the driver config file.
> >
> > As a workaround, you can configure the pool on your development
> > machine, use the "Show Plan" option instead of deploying it directly,
> > and then save the plan and deploy it on your server using the
> > instructions on the "show plan" page.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >      Aaron
> >
> > On 8/1/06, Dennis Cartier <dennis.cartier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just to update my progress here.
> > >
> > > When I added the proxy setting to my live servers using G1.1, the
> > > plugin section in the console now operates correctly.
> > >
> > > I was hoping that this would fix the database pool creation/editing
> > > that does not work on my Linux servers. Sadly it had no effect. The
> > > database pool part of the console remains non-functional for me even
> > > using the proxy settings. I was hoping it was due to the firewalled
> > > nature of the LAN segment these machines exist on, and that a proxy
> > > might rectify it, but this was not the case.
> > >
> > > Why the database pool part of the console does not work, remains
> > > unresolved. I can the JIRA site but did not see anything that seemed
> > > related (in 1.1).
> > >
> > > The exact symptoms of what I am seeing is that after entering a name
> > > and selecting the DB type, I click next and the browser just spins.
> > > Nothing is ever returned and no error is thrown in Geronimo's log.
> > > Oddly this works fine on my development machines under windows? The
> > > same thing occurs if I click to Edit an existing pool.
> > >
> > > The JDK I am using on the Linux boxes is 1.5.0_06, but I plan on
> > > updating to test newer versions.

 You can

 In the

 That