geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Sutton, Timothy" <Timothy.Sut...@sensis.com>
Subject RE: Gbean Deployment with JNDI Reference
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:12:29 GMT
Yes, this would be great. Any idea when we could expect such an update?

Thanks

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: ammulder@gmail.com [mailto:ammulder@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Aaron
Mulder
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:35 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Gbean Deployment with JNDI Reference

On 8/3/06, Sutton, Timothy <Timothy.Sutton@sensis.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot Aaron, always very helpful

No problem.

I'm also thinking about a plugin that would make it easier to deploy
Spring applications in Geronimo and access Geronimo resources.  The
first step would be to let you run Spring apps in Geronimo and let
Spring see certain Geronimo resources, but would not let GBeans or J2EE
components in Geronimo see the Spring beans.  Does that fit what you're
doing?  I think we could expose the following to Sptring applications
(as beans added to the Spring bean context) pretty
easily:

 - Geronimo transaction manager
 - Stateless session EJBs
 - JDBC data sources