geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Sutton, Timothy" <Timothy.Sut...@sensis.com>
Subject RE: Gbean Deployment with JNDI Reference
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:25:43 GMT
I have written the app as a Spring Application and the only way we could
think to deploy that is through a Gbean. The Spring application needs to
run as a daemon service, and it needs to access JDBC through JNDI. Is
there a better way to deploy a Spring App with these requirements?

Thanks again,

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: ammulder@gmail.com [mailto:ammulder@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Aaron
Mulder
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:02 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Gbean Deployment with JNDI Reference

On 8/2/06, Sutton, Timothy <Timothy.Sutton@sensis.com> wrote:
> I am trying to deploy a Gbean with a reference to a JDBC data source
> via JNDI, and the Gbean can not see the resource name in JNDI.
> Although if I do this in a JSP within the same war it works fine. Does

> anyone have an idea on how to resolve this problem.

I don't think GBeans have access to the JNDI space (only J2EE components
have JNDI).  It might possibly work if a web app component calls the
GBean, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't if the GBean was called directly.

Normally, a GBean has any necessary resources configured via references
and dependency injection, though it's a little tricky in this case as
the DataSource itself is not a GBean, only the
"ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapperGBean" that you get the DataSource from.

What are you trying to do?  And what component will be calling the
GBean?

Thanks,
     Aaron