geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1 Classloader Documentation
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:03:53 GMT
There's a bit here:

http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/elements-classloaders.html

Basically, every module except an EAR gets a single class loader.  Any
JAR dependencies are added to that class loader.  Any module
dependencies have their class loaders added as parents to that class
loader (so we change the normal Java routine of only one parent per
class loader).

EARs may have multiple class loaders -- one main one for all the EJB
and RAR modules, and then in addition one for each web application in
the EAR, which is a child of the main one.

There are also options on each module to prevent certain classes from
being loaded from the parents, or force certain classes to be loaded
from the parents, as well as to reverse the normal parent-first class

What kind of module arrangement do you have?  What kind of problems
are you running into?

Thanks,
    Aaron