geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Questions about Geronimo capabilities
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:27:20 GMT
On 8/28/06, Alex Aisinzon <aaisinzon@guidewire.com> wrote:
> Kanchana
>
> I thank you for your feedback.
>
> Unfortunately, I have not had conclusive information from the information
> you pointed me to:
>
> ·        I have not been able to conclude from the general Geronimo doc if
> different applications run within the same JVM or not. I was hoping that
> someone who would have played with several applications with Geronimo and
> Tomcat could tell me firsthand about this.

By default, all applications run in the same JVM.  You can configure
several Geronimo JVMs to run off the same Geronimo installation, and
put different applications in each, but this is kind of experimental
in G 1.1 and you'll effectively end up with separate Geronimo servers
running -- there are no administration or deployment tools that are
oriented to "one server with multiple VMs".

> ·        You are referring to hot deployment which is different from the
> cluster automated deployment I was talking about. My use case is the
> following: if an application is clustered and deployed to n Geronimo nodes,
> I wonder if there is a feature that will allow that application to be
> deployed "centrally" from one node rather than being deployed separately on
> each node (aka n times).

Nothing fully automated.  You can deploy to a single server and then
pull the deployment as-is to multiple other servers using the plugin
system.  But there is not yet a "push" system where you could in one
action deploy to N servers.

Thanks,
      Aaron