geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Refering an EJB deployed in another EAR
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:19:08 GMT
Is this for Geronimo 1.0 or Geronimo 1.1?  The bottom line is that you
want to set EAR A to be a parent of (G 1.0) or dependency of (G 1.1)
EAR B.  That should ensure that EAR A is started first and that the
EJB classes in EAR A are exposed to the components running in EAR B.
There was a bug in G 1.1 (fixed in the upcoming G 1.1.1) that related
to EJB references, but I don't remember whether it would impact this
case.  So the first step is to configure the parent or dependency to
make sure the classes are there, and then we may need a little
experimentation to get the EJB reference syntax right.

Thanks,
    Aaron