geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Deployment Question for Geronimo 1.1
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:42:27 GMT
It should work if all the JARs are in an EAR and the EJB JARs have
MANIFEST entries referring to the other JARs.  Since you had some
build problems, can you crack open the EJB JAR(s) and make sure the
MANIFEST entries are really there, and that they refer to the correct
location in the EAR for the other files (paying attention to the case
of the entries and so on)?  I didn't think there were any problems
with Manifest Class-Path entries for EJB JARs in an EAR.

Thanks,
     Aaron

On 8/23/06, jwan@21technologies.com <jwan@21technologies.com> wrote:

> The EJB jars under the root have references to the non-EJB jars under APP-INF/lib in
their META-INF/MANIFEST.MF files.

> I guess that's not correct. What's the best way to organize my EAR file?
>
> Everything in my EAR is an EJB. No JSPs, war files or any web tier constructs.
>
> Everything follows the following rough organization:
> Code1.jar
> Code2.jar
> EJB.jar (dependent on Code1.jar & Code2.jar)
>
> Do I need to package all the dependencies within each EJB jar?
>
>  --
>
>  Jimmy Wan
>  Senior Technical Lead
>  21st Century Technologies, Inc.
>  4515 Seton Center Parkway Suite 320
>  Austin, TX 78759

> The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held
on your systems and notify the sender immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this
email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.

>  "Aaron Mulder" <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
> Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
>
> 08/22/2006 19:22
>

> Please respond to
>  user@geronimo.apache.org
>

> To user@geronimo.apache.org
>
> cc
>

> Subject Re: Deployment Question for Geronimo 1.1
>

> Geronimo doesn't have any special handling for "APP-INF/lib".  How are
>  you attempting to get the stuff in there on the application's class
>  path?
>
>  Thanks,
>       Aaron
>
>  On 8/22/06, jwan@21technologies.com <jwan@21technologies.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > I thought I didn't need any of the geronimo specific XML files unless I'm creating
customized deployment plans?
>  >
>  > Now that I've fixed my build to properly include ejb-jar.xml, I'm getting the exception
below. Note that this is not a class that should be provided by the container.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: <interface referenced by some of my EJB jars,
that is present in a JAR in the APP-INF/lib directory>