geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Hi , JMS Portlet doesn't show external RAR files to select
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:29:27 GMT
The way it's supposed to work is:

 - You add a RAR with no Geronimo plan to the repository, e.g. using
the Common Libs screen
 - You create a JMS resource group, selecting that as the vendor RAR
 - You deploy the resource group from the portlet, or have it generate
a plan and you manually deploy the RAR with that plan (using the
command-line deploy tool, the console Deploy New screen, etc.)

So the plan shouldn't need any dependencies -- all the JARs should be
in the RAR.  And you don't want the RAR to have a plan in it to begin
with because they whole point of this exercise is to create the plan.

Thanks,
     Aaron

On 8/14/06, Krishnakumar B <www.bkk@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Aaron,
>
> I have some doubts related to the usage of creating a new JMS Resource
> Group after adding the RAR to repository.
>
> If the RAR contains a geronimo-ra.xml then the deployment plan does
> not seem to be correct. Snippet from deployment plan. ( 2 environment
> entries )
> <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
>     <environment>
>         <moduleId>
>             <groupId>test</groupId>
>             <artifactId>jms.rar</artifactId>
>             <version>1.0</version>
>         </moduleId>
>         <dependencies>
>     </environment>
>     <dep:environment
> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
>         <dep:moduleId>
>             <dep:groupId>consolse.jms</dep:groupId>
>             <dep:artifactId>TestJMSRA</dep:artifactId>
>             <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>             <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
>         </dep:moduleId>
>     </dep:environment>
>
> If i dont add the geronimo-ra.xml then the connector get deployed
> correctly. In this case no dependencies are added to the deployed
> plan.
>
> Would be glad if u can clarify as to how to use the wizard correctly
> for adding JMS Providers?
>
> Regards
> Krishnakumar
>
> On 8/11/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> > Actually, I have to contradict Kanchana -- you don't want to "deploy"
> > the RAR at this stage.  The better way to go is to use the "Common
> > Libs" screen in the console to install the RAR into the repository.
> >
> > I'm assuming that we're talking about Geronimo 1.1 here.
> >
> > The original problem was probably caused by the file not having the
> > correct path and name in the repository.  If you use the Common Libs
> > screen, it will take care of that for you.  For an example of how to
> > do that, see:
> >
> > http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/cfg-core-repository.html
> >
> > For more about the group/artifact/version/type naming scheme, see:
> >
> > http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/elements.html#elements-high-level
> >
> > Once you have installed the RAR into the repository, you should be
> > able to see it from the JMS resources screen.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >     Aaron
> >
> > On 8/11/06, Kanchana Welagedara <kanchanas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Go to geronimo web console and click on deploy new > browse to the rar
> > > file and installed it.Then if it's successfully deployed it will
> > > notify you.They deployed resource can see in the
> > > geronimo-home/reporsitory following the following folderstructure
> > > <groupId><artifactId><version><type>(You don't have
to manually copy