geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo and Java EE 5
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:24:08 GMT
On 8/13/06, Chad Boyd <hoverlover@gmail.com> wrote:
> When does Geronimo plan to become Java EE 5 compliant?  I saw that Aaron is
> writing the book
> "Apache Geronimo: Java EE 5 Development and Deployment" slated for release
> in November of 2006, so this must mean that it will be compliant soon.

Actually, that means my publisher has a limited understanding of the
technology, and did not use the title from my online draft.  :)

We should have some EE support quite soon (e.g. some JPA), other EE 5
features we'd like to see in the next release (e.g. EE 5 web and maybe
web services support), and I'm not sure where the EJB 3 ETA is but I
know people are working on it.

I suspect our next release will have "EE 5 preview" kind of features,
and the one after that could be certified, but that's just a guess.

Thanks,
     Aaron