geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: openJMS integration
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:07:02 GMT
On 8/4/06, Philipp Noggler <philipp.noggler@inode.at> wrote:
> Finally I got the server running...thanks again for your patience and
> your help! but one more thing would be interesting to know...is there an
> advantage if i run the openJMS server within geronimo or if I use a JMS
> connector or is just a question of design!? i mean is there any
> advantage concerning performance of both geronimo and openJMS? thanks a lot!

Great to hear it!

There would probably be some performance advantage to running OpenJMS
inside Geronimo because you would cut all the networking out of the
loop.  This may or may not be a meaningful improvement in your case.
The main advantage to using a J2EE Connector to talk to the JMS server
is that it integrates with security, threading, and transactions in
Geronimo.  So you could potentially do an XA transaction across JDBC
and JMS resources, for example, or have Geronimo threads delivering
incoming messages rather than creating your own.  Again, may or may
not be important to your use case.

Thanks,
     Aaron