geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: How to refer to an external resource from web.xml
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:57:31 GMT
For Geronimo 1.1...

On the machine that the web app is running on, deploy a new JMS
Resource Group for ActiveMQ using the console.  On the first
configuration screen, there's a URL to connect to the ActiveMQ broker,
which is set to "tcp://localhost:61616" by default.  Change it to
"tcp://ejb-server-hostname:61616" and go on and create a connection
factory and any destinations that you need.

Then that will be a local connection factory as far as your web app is
concerned (so the web configuration shouldn't need to change except
perhaps making sure the name matches the new connection factory
deployed above), but the connection factory will just interact with a
JMS broker running on a different machine.

Thanks,
     Aaron