geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Role-based security question
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:42:15 GMT
That definitely sounds like a bug.

Thanks,
     Aaron

On 8/7/06, sto@entimo.de <sto@entimo.de> wrote:
> Hallo Geronimo users,
>
> I have tried to test a simple example concerning role-based security with Geronimo and
havn't succeed. Maybe my example is wrong or my Geronimo configuration. I hope, some of you
can help me.
> I want to restrict access to the Url secure/start by allowing only the role 'adimistrator'
to access them. An excerpt from my web.xml is:

> <web-app>
>         <servlet>
>                 <servlet-name>SecuredServlet</servlet-name>
>                 <servlet-class>test.SecuredServlet</servlet-class>
>                 <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
>         </servlet>
>         <servlet-mapping>
>                 <servlet-name>SecureServlet</servlet-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/secure/*</url-pattern>
>         </servlet-mapping>
>           <security-constraint>
>             <web-resource-collection>
>               <web-resource-name>AdministratorFunctions</web-resource-name>
>               <url-pattern>/secure/start</url-pattern>
>               <http-method>GET</http-method>
>             </web-resource-collection>
>             <auth-constraint>
>                   <role-name>administrator</role-name>
>             </auth-constraint>
>           </security-constraint>
>
>           <login-config>
>                 <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
>                 <realm-name>MySecurityRealm</realm-name>
>                 <form-login-config>
>                         <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
>                         <form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>
>                 </form-login-config>
>           </login-config>
>
>           <security-role>
>             <role-name>administrator</role-name>
>           </security-role>
> </web-app>
>
> Only the role administrator should be able to access http://.../secure/start. Now I have
created a new security realm MySecurityRealm with Geronimo using Gernimo administration console
(login module class org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.PropertiesFileLoginModule).

> The users file contains the following users:
> secUser=secret
> unsecUser=secret2
>
> The groups file contains the following group mappings:
> administrator=secUser
> application=unsecUser
>
> For the deployment I used the default deployment plan that can be obtained by clicking
the 'usage' link under MySecuriryRealm.

> When I access the /secure/start Url of the web application I'm initially asked for the
password - okay. When I provide wrong password information, I'm directed to the error page
- okay. But when I provide valid login information for both users, secUser and secUser2, I
get access to the secure/start page. In my opinion, secUser2 should be forbidden to access
this page. In a nutshell, all authenticated users can enter my applications, even if they
don't belong to my group 'adimistrator'.