geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Gbean Deployment with JNDI Reference
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:35:04 GMT
On 8/2/06, Sutton, Timothy <Timothy.Sutton@sensis.com> wrote:
> I have written the app as a Spring Application and the only way we could
> think to deploy that is through a Gbean. The Spring application needs to
> run as a daemon service, and it needs to access JDBC through JNDI. Is
> there a better way to deploy a Spring App with these requirements?

We are defintiely looking at ways to support improved Spring integration.

For now, a daemon service is not going to be able to access JNDI.  I
could provide some code for you for a bean that implements DataSource
and takes a property for the name of the Geronimo database pool to
connect to, and when called, passes everything through to the Geronimo
pool.  Then you could just include that bean in your Spring
configuration, and it would appear to the Spring application as if the
Geronimo DataSource was right there in Spring.  How does that sound?
(I don't know what would need to be done to integrate it with a
transaction manager, if that's a concern, but it would be a start.)

Thanks,
     Aaron