geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Gbean Deployment with JNDI Reference
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:02:23 GMT
On 8/2/06, Sutton, Timothy <Timothy.Sutton@sensis.com> wrote:
> I am trying to deploy a Gbean with a reference to a JDBC data source via
> JNDI, and the Gbean can not see the resource name in JNDI. Although if I
> do this in a JSP within the same war it works fine. Does anyone have an
> idea on how to resolve this problem.

I don't think GBeans have access to the JNDI space (only J2EE
components have JNDI).  It might possibly work if a web app component
calls the GBean, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't if the GBean was
called directly.

Normally, a GBean has any necessary resources configured via
references and dependency injection, though it's a little tricky in
this case as the DataSource itself is not a GBean, only the
"ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapperGBean" that you get the DataSource
from.

What are you trying to do?  And what component will be calling the GBean?

Thanks,
     Aaron