geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kanchana Welagedara" <kancha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Geronimo capabilities
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:19:34 GMT
Hi

On 8/25/06, Alex Aisinzon <aaisinzon@guidewire.com> wrote:
> My company heavily uses Tomcat as a Servlet container for its
> applications.Tomcat has some shortcomings that Geronimo may address.
>
> I have tried to find answers to the following questions with no success.
>
> I resort to the mailing list to get some answers:
>
> *	Running several applications within Geronimo (with Tomcat): When
> we run several applications within Geronimo (with Tomcat as servlet
> engine), do all applications run in the same jvm or in separate ones.
Either way you can use geronimo. I
> am interested in the latter, as it provides a better separation between
> applications.
It's Based on your application.For the further details have a look.
http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation.html
> *	Deployment to a cluster: does Geronimo provide a capacity to
> automatically deploy (or redeploy) the same application to several nodes
> in a cluster.
Automatic deployment is available for Geronimo v1.0 which is called
hot deployment
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/hot-deployment.html..

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/deployer-tool.html#Deployertool-deploy
For geronimo v1.1 the geronimo web console provides the options to
upload the module or you can use the command line using deploy.jar

java -jar deployer.jar <general_options> redeploy <module> <deployment_plan>

Hope this is useful

Regards
Kanchana