geronimo-user mailing list archives

From raxpl <ra...@ANGLESEY.GOV.UK>
Subject Re: securing admin access
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:34:39 GMT

fairly happy now but didn't go the way of exposing applications on different
ports...merely put Pound in front of Geronimo to kill any requests for the
console unless it's from my ip...could be done by iptables i should think.
Still need to look at the "different ports" approach when time allows.

raxpl wrote:

> hi list
> jrun docs used to recommended that web admin. access was masked off (by
> using iptables/firewall to block incoming packets on that port unless from
> a known ip or range of ip's (great unless you're on dynamic ip's) but the
> jrun admin. was on a different port from anything else so didn't interfere
> with content...this simple to achieve on geronimo ? (an xml file somewhere
> ?) or just a waste of effort ?
> rich

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.