geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Constantino Jacob" <constantino.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with the email sending
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 03:38:13 GMT
Hi,

I have the following code that he functions with the Tomcat without no
problem:
( summarized version )

import javax.mail.*;
import javax.mail.internet.*;
import java.util.*;

public class Email {

    /** Creates a new instance of Email */
    private Email() {
    }

    public static void enviaEmail(String smtpHost, String smtpPassword,
String emailFrom, String emailTo, String subject, String text) {
        Properties emailProperties = new Properties();
        emailProperties.put("mail.host", smtpHost);

        // Any code . . .

        Session session = Session.getInstance(emailProperties);
        MimeMessage msg = new MimeMessage(session);

        try {

            msg.setFrom(new InternetAddress(emailFrom));
            msg.setRecipient(Message.RecipientType.TO, new
InternetAddress(emailTo));

            msg.setSentDate(new Date());

            msg.setSubject(assunto);

            msg.setText(text);

            Transport.send(msg);

        } catch (AuthenticationFailedException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (AddressException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (MessagingException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

No error is generated when executed in the Geronimo, but the message never
sent arrives in the addressee. Using only the Tomcat, the code functions
perfectly (the email always arrives at the destination). I am using in my
application the javamail (javamail-1.4) and all jars had been copied for the
directory lib of my application.

Anticipatedly, I am thankful for any assistance.

Jacob