geronimo-user mailing list archives

From avin98 <avi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Lookup
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 01:05:16 GMT

Temporarily I have used the following to solve my problem:

Its ugly and I don't want to have this as my permanent solution, since I
have no control over the ActiveMQ connection pool etc etc.

String hostName = "server2";

        Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
            "org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory");
        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "tcp://" + hostName + ":61616");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "geronimo");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "geronimo");

        String queue1= "dynamicQueues/Queue1";
        String connFactory = "ConnectionFactory";

        InitialContext naming = new InitialContext(env);

        QueueConnection queueConnection;

        QueueConnectionFactory factory = (QueueConnectionFactory)
naming.lookup(connFactory);
        queueConnection = factory.createQueueConnection();

        Queue queue = (Queue)naming.lookup(queue1);

        System.out.println("getting a Q connection"+queueConnection);

        QueueSession publishSession =
queueConnection.createQueueSession(false,
            Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

        // Get a Queue Sender
        QueueSender sender = publishSession.createSender(queue);

        System.out.println("Sender:" + sender);

This works for me, but I have no control over the connection Pool.....

Basically I don't even know what "ConnectionFactory" is all about ? All that
I know is that its an ActiveMQConnectionFactory ....thats all.

I am not even sure, how its bound to the Geronimo JNDI app tree etc.

Any other ways to achieve the same this.

David - I need to have the activeMQ brokers turned on on both the machines.

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.