geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "D. Strauss" <kaet...@ds-2.de>
Subject Re: Absolute paths within includes
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:10:44 GMT
Hello, Bob

AFAIK the JSP include statement is used to refer to a file starting from
the actual JSP file location. So, let's assume you have a file index.jsp
which should include a file from a subdirectory, your idea is right:

<jsp:include page="dir/my.html"/>

(I tend to use JSPFs :P)

The problem is: you can only reference files from within your webapp
context. That's security related, I think. Imagine you're a web hoster
which hosts jsp files ;) the users would be able to include my
/etc/passwd file ;)))))

So, yes, the path is relative from/to the JSP file position.

Another idea: do you include your includes/header.html file within your
war file?

Best regards

Dirk