geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Philipp Noggler <philipp.nogg...@inode.at>
Subject Re: openJMS integration
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:05:24 GMT
Aaron Mulder schrieb:
> On 8/4/06, Philipp Noggler <philipp.noggler@inode.at> wrote:
>> I would prefer doing it that way with the server running outside of
>> geronimo. but I'm not sure if there is a J2EE connector already
>> installed on my geronimo. If not, where can I get that for openJMS? or
>> is a connector that .jar that you provided within the externaljms.rar
>> archive?
>
> The only JMS provider we include with Geronimo is ActiveMQ.  So you'll
> have to see if OpenJMS provides a J2EE Connector (or RAR).  You don't
> need a Geronimo-specific one, but an OpenJMS-specific one.  If you can
> find the J2EE Connector RAR from OpenJMS, you should install it into
> Geronimo using the "Common Libs" screen in the console, then go to the
> JMS Resources screen an select to create a JMS Resource Group "for
> another JMS provider" and select the OpenJMS RAR from the list it
> gives you and take it from there.
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron

Ok, the rar appears now, but when I enter all the necessary options when
creating a new * JMS Resource Group *there is nothing created, there is
also no deployment plan available after entering all the fields! ...my
geronimo runs on http://ajaxcluster.ath.cx:8180/, maybe you can help me
integrating that!
my connection details are listed below:

java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:3035
java.naming.factory.initial=org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory
name = ConnectionFactory

it would be a big help for me if you could show me how to deploy that so
I can use openJMS from outside! thank you very much for your kind help!
I appreciate that a lot!

regards, phil