geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob Blain Christen" <jacob.blain.chris...@entheal.com>
Subject Re: Using a Repository with Geronimo Plugins
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:25:49 GMT
On Tue, August 1, 2006 9:53 am, Dennis Cartier said:
> The exact symptoms of what I am seeing is that after entering a name
> and selecting the DB type, I click next and the browser just spins.
> Nothing is ever returned and no error is thrown in Geronimo's log.
> Oddly this works fine on my development machines under windows? The
> same thing occurs if I click to Edit an existing pool.

is it possible that the hang is a dns timeout?  i've borked various daemon
configs over the years and found many times that inexplicable hanging was
due to a misconfigured dns setup (resolv.conf, local bind daemon, etc).
my hunch is that maybe your primary or secondary dns ip addresses arent
reachable from the geronimo box.

if youve already gone over this line of thinking please ignore me, just
trying to help!

--
Jacob L E Blain Christen