geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: daytrader streamer client
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:16:37 GMT
Something bad happened to the dependencies.  No
server-side car should be a dependency of an app
client.  If you can figure out what the entire set of
dependencies for the app client is it will be much
easier to figure out where the bad dependency is
coming from.

thanks
david jencks

--- Lin Sun <linsun.unc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Has anyone been able to start the daytrader streamer
> client successfully?  I
> am getting a port already in use error.  But I don't
> understand why it is
> trying to start the rmi-naming which is already
> started by default when my
> server is started.
>
> java -jar client.jar

wasce-samples/daytrader-derby-tomcat_streamer.jar/1.1/car
> -verbose
> 15:08:44,093 INFO  [Log4jService]
>
> 15:08:44,093 INFO  [Log4jService] Started Logging
> Service
> 15:08:45,515 WARN  [RMIRegistryService] RMI Registry
> failed
> 15:08:45,515 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while
> starting; GBean is now
> in th
> e FAILED state:

abstractName="geronimo/rmi-naming/1.1/car?ServiceModule=geronimo
> /rmi-naming/1.1/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=RMIRegistry"
> java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in
> use: 1099; nested exception
> is:
>
>         java.net.BindException: Address already in
> use: JVM_Bind
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(Unknown
> Source)
>         at

sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(Unknown
> Source)
>         at

sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(Unknown Source)
>         at
> sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at

java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(Unknown
> Source)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.system.rmi.RMIRegistryService.doStart(RMIRegistry
> Service.java:58)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
> nstance.java:981)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
> (GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
> nceState.java:102)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
> BeanInstanceState.java:124)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
> nstance.java:540)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
> cKernel.java:379)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguratio
> nGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
>         at

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(Ke