geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John Larsen <mailingli...@stormsi.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo instances on the same server
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:41:03 GMT
Hello!

I am adding to existing question I found in the archives.

Basically I am trying to see how I can host Geronimo to developers on
shared servers.

I understand you can share files and config for Geronimo for multiple
instances. But what I don't understand is how this works. Tell me if I
am correct.

There is a main instance with its own var dir with general config and
standard ports.

Then the var dir gets duplicated for each instance and dropped in the
WEB-INF dir for each instance with their own configured port numbers?

Then does virtual hosts for tomcat need to be setup in the main
instance config for each since each instance will have its own domain
name.

Finally will each domain be able to have their own login to Geronimo
to deploy their applications without seeing or effecting other
instances?

Thank you for you time!

John