geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to refer to an external resource from web.xml
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:08:10 GMT

On Aug 7, 2006, at 4:01 PM, avin98 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have my EJB container running in a different box, from my web-
> app. I need
> to refer to the JMS resources running along with the EJB container,
> in my
> web-app.
>
> I need to know how this can be achieved ?
>
> When they are deployed on the same box, I refer to them as:
>
> <resource-ref>
>         <description>jms broker</description>
>         <res-ref-name>ActiveMqQueueConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>
>         <res-type>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</res-type>
>         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>     </resource-ref>
> --

you need to have the activemq rar deployed on the same box as the web-
app (as well as the other box).  However, we already have one running
so you should be able to use it.  You also need to deploy whatever
queues or topics you need to use, which unfortunately requires
another rar deployment or modifying the one we supply.

Easiest is probably to turn off the supplied amq rar module in
config.xml and modify the plan to include the admin objects (queues
and topics) you need and deploy that one instead.  If it's not clear
what to do please indicate which geronimo version you are using.

thanks
david jencks