geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Kleineikenscheidt" <>
Subject RE: XBean Classloader Issues
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 06:02:08 GMT

Hi Guillaume,

i have openend a Jira issue and attached a patch

answers inline...

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt           tel. +49 (711) 99 33 035
Rosenbergstr. 58                   mob. +49 (172) 130 54 77
70176 Stuttgart (GERMANY)

From: Guillaume Nodet []
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:40 AM
Subject: Re: XBean Classloader Issues

On 8/9/06, Stefan Kleineikenscheidt <> wrote:

Hi all,

i'm trying to embed XBean in an existing system, which classloader doesn't
return sensible values when calling

Do you mean xbean class loaders, or your system classloaders ?

SK >>>>>>>  My system's classloaders.

  cl.getImplementationVersion();  or

Do you mean  java.lang.Package.getImplementationVersion () ?

SK >>>>>>> Yes.

#1 results in a NPE thrown by Spring, when calling

I guess you have problems when using xbean application context, which now
which uses SpringVersion.getVersion, right ?

SK >>>>>>> Exactly.

#2 results in XBean not finding the property files, which contain the custom

As I can't change the classloader easily, I have created a simple solution
which lets XBean read a system property *after* everything else has failed.
The system property points to a directory, where XBean can load the property

files plus an additional file, which contains a property

What do you think about this solution?  Should I open an issue for that and
attach my patch?

Yes, please.

Thanks for feedback,

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt           tel. +49 (711) 99 33 035
Rosenbergstr. 58                   mob. +49 (172) 130 54 77
70176 Stuttgart (GERMANY)

Guillaume Nodet

View raw message