geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Kleineikenscheidt" <ste...@kleineikenscheidt.de>
Subject XBean Classloader Issues
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:41:51 GMT

Hi all,

i'm trying to embed XBean in an existing system, which classloader doesn't
return sensible values when calling
  cl.getImplementationVersion();  or
  cl.getResourceAsStream(name);

#1 results in a NPE thrown by Spring, when calling
SpringVersion.getVersion();

#2 results in XBean not finding the property files, which contain the custom
mappings.

As I can't change the classloader easily, I have created a simple solution
which lets XBean read a system property *after* everything else has failed.
The system property points to a directory, where XBean can load the property
files plus an additional xbean.properties file, which contains a property
"spring.version".

What do you think about this solution?  Should I open an issue for that and
attach my patch?

Thanks for feedback,
-Stefan

--
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt           tel. +49 (711) 99 33 035
Rosenbergstr. 58                   mob. +49 (172) 130 54 77