geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: running jar or ear from within eclipse
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:46:34 GMT
Hi Sachin, I just opened GERONIMODEVTOOLS-94 for this prob.  It would be
great if you can fix it very soon.

Thanks,

Lin
From: Sachin Patel [mailto:sppatel@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sachin Patel
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:31 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: running jar or ear from within eclipse

This looks like a defect. I seem to have forgot to implement support for
importing non-qualified plans for 1.1. (i.e Running SchemaConversionUtil on
1.1 plans).

On Aug 1, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

Hi there,
Has anyone been able to running jar or ear from within eclipse using the
devtools 1.1?
I have a MDB sample (from confluence) and I managed to get it running using
devtools 1.0 within eclipse. However, when I import my jar file in, the
openejb-jar.xml cannot be read by the Geronimo application deployment plan
editor. In the past experience, this is a pre-requisite before I can deploy
anything to Geronimo server in Eclipse.
I also tried to create a dummy EJB project and the default openejb-jar.xml
cannot be opened by the Geronimo application deployment plan editor either.
Similar prob with the EAR project.
I am wondering if this is a known limitation of the 1.1 version of devtools
project? Seems I can only get war project running...
Thanks, Lin

-sachin