geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: TransactionCachingInterceptor is returning the same ManagedConnection despite different ConnectionRequestInfo
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:24:54 GMT
Aaron Mulder <ammulder@...> writes:

> Are you using a partitioned pool for the connector, set to
> partition-by-connectionrequestinfo?  I'm  not sure if the cache
> overrides that or not, but I would hope not.  :)

Hello Aaron,

up to now I did not pay any attention to the pool I use, I took the code as is
from a Jencks sample by Thierry Templier
( And so I only used
Jencks SinglePoolFactoryBean as well.

For testing I switched to PartitionedPoolFactoryBean and set
partitionByConnectionRequestInfo to true, but this does neither help. Debugging
it shows why: The pool interceptor is at the end of the chain. So for the second
request to get a connection there is no difference in behaviour of

ManagedConnectionInfo managedConnectionInfo =
if (managedConnectionInfo != null) {
} else {

The first request goes into the else branch, the ManagedConnectionInfo is stored
in ManagedConnectionInfos.shared. The second request retrieves this
ManagedConnectionInfo (which is now wrong) and returns it via the ConnectionInfo.

> On 7/18/06, Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@...> wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem with a JCA implementation of mine where I get the same
> > ManagedConnection despite different ConnectionRequestInfo.

View raw message