geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bilodeau <gb.for...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Errors while deploying EAR on Geronimo 1.1
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:58:03 GMT
Aaron Mulder <ammulder@...> writes:

> The hidden-classes belongs in the environment, so you can remove the
> one outside the environment.  Normally I'd say copy it over the one
> inside the environment, but I believe org.springframework is hidden by
> default in Geronimo 1.1 so it shouldn't be necessary.  Since your web
> app is in an EAR, in fact, you can specify the context-root for the
> web app in META-INF/application.xml in the EAR and since the
> hidden-classes and context-root are the only two real settings in this
> file, that means the whole geronimo-web.xml can be omitted (unless
> there's other content you're not showing in the e-mail).
>
> Thanks,
>      Aaron

Thanks for your time Aaron.

I tried your suggestion and the XML-related error disappeared.  The application
can now be deployed without any errors.  However, I get the following error when
I start the application:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener in classloader
default/promo-ear-2.0.0-snapshot_promo-web-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war/1152186637041/car

The EAR I deploy is built using Maven 2.  It contains all the library JARs
(including the suspected Spring JAR) in its root, along with my promo-server.jar
and promo-web.war.  There are no libraries in the WEB-INF/lib directory of
promo-web.war.

It seems to me that Geronimo doesn't like this structure.  What is wrong with
it?  Should I move the library JARs in the WEB-INF/lib directory, or should I
declare them as dependencies in the geronimo-web.xml?  Anything else?

Thanks again,
GB