geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ueberbach, Michael" <michael.ueberb...@dbh.de>
Subject AW: Entity bean can not remove itself
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:18:29 GMT
Hello Markus,

following the spec ejbRemove will be called by the container if the client wants to remove
the entity (normally by calling the remove method on the interface of the entity bean). In
case of BMP one has to code the database access (deleting the corresponding row) inside the
ejbRemove method. So calling the ejbRemove from another method of the bean itself should remove
the entity (including its persistence) in this case. It would be strange if in case of CMP
the effect would not be the same.

regards,
Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mahu2425 [mailto:mahu2425@lycos.de]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2006 07:36
An: user@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Entity bean can not remove itself

Hello Dain,

I couldn't find it in the specs either, but I think it makes sense, that an entity bean can
remove itself.

An example, that an entity bean can remove itself is also given at Sun's J2EE tutorial:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JMSJ2EEex3.html

I my opinion this feature should be added in the next version of Geronimo. I also found a
few posts in the internet, that this problem occured on several other J2EE server and has
been fixed there.

Best regards,

Markus

Benachrichtigung bei E-Mail Empfang! - http://mail.lycos.de/app/lycosinside/setupLI.exe