geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Loading a dll file in the geronimo
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:06:05 GMT

On Jul 6, 2006, at 1:06 AM, Santosh Koti wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Is there a way to load a dll file in to the server JVM, has that to
> be done by wrapping it as a jar file & adding a dependency for it..?
>
> I am yet to test on this..?  Has some 1 done this earlier..?

We don't do anything in geronimo to make this easier.  You need to
use the normal jvm mechanisms.  If you come up with some way we can
suppport this better we'd love to know: in particular having a
dependency on a dll make geronimo load the dll would be good if we
can overcome the "you can only load a native library once" problems.
I haven't investigated this area for several years but I never could
get library loading to work any better than just putting my library
in with the jvm's library.

thanks
david jencks