geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <dennis.cart...@gmail.com>
Subject Using a Repository with Geronimo Plugins
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:31:44 GMT
I decided to try out the plugin packager and deployer in G 1.1

>From what I can glean, the new capabilities of G 1.1 should allow
Geronimo to download applications and dependencies from a local
repository just using a plugin created from an existing  deployment.
Unfortunately I have been unable to get this to work and just need a
push to get me over the hump.

What I have done so far:

1. Exposed my local repository through Apache to be accessed over HTTP

2. Included the URL for the repository when creating the plugin as
indicated in the 'Create and Install Plugins' page.

I am not sure of the format of the mentioned 'geronimo-plugins.xml'
file that is required to be in the root of the repository. In any
case, I do not see any attempt to access the repository when the
plugin is deployed. This may be because I have been trying to deploy
the plugin through the 'Deploy New' under Applications. I suspect that
the deployment should be done under the plugin page, but I have found
that there does not appear to be anyway to edit the available
repositories, and if you are behind a firewall that requires a proxy
server to be used, then the repository interface is completely
non-functional.

Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks

Dennis

--

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist (1939 – 2005)