geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis Cartier" <dennis.cart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Library Packaging for Geronimo 1.1
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:56:43 GMT
Thanks for the help David. Your response helped to get me on the right track.

I was able to make your method 1b working, but was unable to get 1a
working. I get a NoClassFoundError upon deploying the WAR file during
the Spring context initialization. I tried deploying my package as
both a JAR file and as a CAR file (with appropriate dependency added
to the WAR) but neither seemed to get method 1a working.

My geronimo-service.xml file is attached. I am wondering if I need
more in it as it seems pretty sparse. Some examples I found online had
GBean entries, but since I am only hostig class libraries, I could not
see the need.

I can get by using method 1b but, 1a strikes me as being the more
efficient desirable method of operation, unless I am misunderstanding
what a CAR file represents.

Dennis

--
"It is impossible to design fool proof systems, because fools are so clever."

Authour unknown