geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: GBean use and deployment
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:51:18 GMT
The GBean should implement at least one interface, say
com.example.Foo, which includes all the methods your web app wants to
call on it.

Then you add a block like this to the deployment plan for the web app
(geronimo-web.xml):

<gbean-ref>
    <ref-name>MyGBean</ref-name>
    <ref-type>com.example.Foo</ref-type>
    <pattern>
        <name>YourGbeanInstanceName</name>
    </pattern>
</gbean-ref>

That will stick the GBean named YourGbeanInstanceName (e.g. plan has
<gbean name="YourGbeanInstanceName" class=...>) in JNDI for the web
app at java:comp/env/MyGBean (java:comp/env/ plus the <ref-name>
above).  When you access that JNDI location, you'll get something that
implements com.example.Foo (the <ref-type> above), so you can use it
like this:

Foo foo = (Foo)new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/MyGBean");

Make sure that the GBeanInfo for your GBean has a line like
infoFactory.addInterface(com.example.Foo.class); for this to work.

Thanks,
    Aaron