geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JVM allocation of memory
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:37:12 GMT
The 32-bit JVM has some limits beyond which it won't start.  In my
experiments it was more like 2.5 GB, but it probably depends on the
specific JVM version, if not the OS.

The 64-bit JVM has no limits on the amount of memory it can start with.

Are you on a 64-bit/x64/AMD64 machine?  If so, have you tried using a
64-bit JVM?

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 7/14/06, Santosh Koti <Santosh_Koti@infosys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need to allocate a memory of 2 GB (~ 2048) , I tried setting it in GERONIMO_OPTS ,
but unfortunately doesn't start up, if I get back to 1536MB, it goes fine..?

> My sys info:
>
>    3.5 GB RAM
>
>    Win 2003 Server Ed.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

>  This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.