geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Classpath , Path & JVM settings
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:10:05 GMT
You can set environment variables like JAVA_OPTS and JPDA_OPTS before
calling the startup scripts (geronimo.bat start or startup.bat).  If
you look at geronimo.bat there's a big list of the available
environment variables at the top.  And you're right, there's not a way
for you to set the CLASSPATH directly.

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 7/5/06, Santosh Koti <Santosh_Koti@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Can some one point out the files , where in we can set the classpath settings (I guess
dependency is the only way for this), path settings & JVM arguments. I have tried setting
these things in setenv.bat file under bin directory of the Geronimo server. (lots of scripts
are there like setenv, setjavaenv, Geronimo.bat ..etc)

> I am profiling the Java application , so needs to set some JVM arguments like HProf,
etc… & many other stuff.

> PS: In setting hprof, I see the following trace on the console :
>
>               HPROF ERROR: class ID already in use
>
>                …. Null , …!!!
>

> Can some 1 throw some light on this..?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

>  This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.