geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: How to update to 1.1
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 09:50:03 GMT
I will add that in the future we plan to try to support in-place
updates for minor releases -- but that was not in the plan for 1.1.
I'm not sure to what extent in-place upgrades will be possible for
major releases; it probably depends on how "core" the changes are.

Thanks,
    Aaron

> Markus,  Geronimo's directory layout changed substantially in 1.1.
> Your technique for upgrading might produce a running server (maybe)
> but I'm sure that your 1.0 applications won't be "seen" by the 1.1
> server because the deployed artifacts that were in the config-store
> directory in 1.0 are now located into the repository directory.  Your
> best bet is probably just to install a fresh copy of Geronimo and use
> the upgrader tool to migrate your plans before reinstalling your
> applications.  Alternatively, if you use an external plan (not
> embedded in your application) then you can use the console to deploy
> your application and it will provide an upgraded plan that you can
> save locally, edit if necessary, and then use for deployment.  For
> simple applications this requires just a few additional steps.
>
> Best wishes,
> Paul
>
> On Thu Jun 29 16:12:10 GMT+00:00 2006, mahu2425 <mahu2425@lycos.de> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm just wondering how to update my Geronimo 1.0 installation to 1.1.
> >
> > Is there a way to update the "binaries" a keep the configuration as it is?
> >
> > I tried to unzip the the 1.1 release into the same directory as the 1.0 installation
and from the first view it seems that a few things like created derby database still exist
after upgrading, but others stuff I deployed like common libraries etc. are missing after
the upgrade.

> > So what is the easiest ways to upgrade my installation? Do I have to redeploy all
stuff like security realms, database pool etc.?

> > Greets,
> >
> > Markus
> >
> > Schnell und einfach ohne Anschlusswechsel zur Lycos DSL Flatrate wechseln und 3
Monate kostenlos ab effektiven 5,21 EUR pro Monat im ersten Jahr surfen.