geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Marston" <>
Subject RE: flex on geronimo
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:23:06 GMT

I've dug around a bit. I haven't found much that explains exactly what
kind of transaction manager flex expects. It seems to work well with the
jotm package and straight tomcat, but I don't know much more beyond
that. Any guidance on how to get the flex cab application working in
Geronimo is much appreciated.

Here is what I can offer:

1) The cab application that is giving me trouble uses the JavaAdapter

2) The straight tomcat installation flex instructions require adding the
jotm jar files to the class path and putting a context.xml file in the
application meta-inf directory with the contents:

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/samples" privileged="true"
     antiResourceLocking="false" antiJARLocking="false">
  <Transaction factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory"

3) The javadoc for flex data services

4) class library for flex

5) the console error message in eclipse when I try to access the data.
This is a flex error as opposed to a java error.

[Flex] [ERROR] Exception when invoking service: data-service
  with message: Flex Message (
    operation = transacted
    id = null
    clientId = 82D06A2D-E20D-957F-2BCF-582DBA298222
    correlationId =
    destination = flexcab.fare
    messageId = D7A76808-29C3-15CD-3FF1-7F4F39809D61
    timestamp = 1153187133698
    timeToLive = 0
    body =
      Flex Message (
          operation = create_and_sequence
          id = ASObject(23044789){fareId=0}
          clientId = E76A367F-2814-62DB-8672-7F4EE43C7DC5
          correlationId = D7A76808-29C3-15CD-3FF1-7F4F39809D61
          destination = flexcab.fare
          messageId = 9D5C3DDC-8913-48A1-7BAF-7F4F398029FB
          timestamp = 0
          timeToLive = 0
          body = Fare ( id = 0    customer = Customer ( phone =
9786676636 )    callTime = Mon Jul 17 21:45:33 EDT 2006    callPoint =
Point (29.0, 149.0)    pickupTime = null    dropoffZone = Point (405.0,
429.0)    dropoffTime = null )
          hdr(referencedIds) = {}
          hdr(destClientIds) =
    hdr(DSEndpoint) = my-rtmp