geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo Tooling 1.1 Release Plans
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:24:21 GMT
So to close out the 1.1 eclipse tooling release here is what I'm
planning to do...

RC3 is currently available to pull down and test.  I still need to do
some sniff testing on the update-site distribution and making sure
existing 1.0 plugin users can update directly to 1.1. (Since plugins
where completely renamed in 1.1.1 I'm hoping eclipse knows how to
handle this correctly and disables old plugins not in the latest
feature.) After I create the release notes I plan to call a vote
within the next 24-48 hours.

Looking ahead to 1.1.1 I'm hoping there will not be any incompatible
changes in 1.1.1 and so the 1.1 jars I'm repackaging in the eclipse-
plugin will work for deployments to 1.1.1.  Also the eclipse PDE
builder has a feature that supports generating qualified builds that
TLPs are now exploiting so projects can provide updates at a much
more frequent and granular level.  I plan to implement a similar
feature in the eclipse plugin m2 build that will allow similar
capability.  This should help us get to a model where we can have
frequent maintenance releases with minimum work for the developer to
put out these releases.  (i.e simply commit fixes, build, and the
generated plugins versions will have generated qualifiers appended to
them that can simply pushed to the update site).

-sachin