geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: JVM allocation of memory
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:48:30 GMT
Thanks Aaron..!

No, My CPU is P4 (32-bit)...!:-(

By , the Which JVM version , u tried..? , I am trying J5.

Thanks,
Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: ammulder@gmail.com [mailto:ammulder@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Aaron
Mulder
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 7:07 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: JVM allocation of memory

The 32-bit JVM has some limits beyond which it won't start.  In my
experiments it was more like 2.5 GB, but it probably depends on the
specific JVM version, if not the OS.

The 64-bit JVM has no limits on the amount of memory it can start with.

Are you on a 64-bit/x64/AMD64 machine?  If so, have you tried using a
64-bit JVM?

Thanks,
    Aaron

On 7/14/06, Santosh Koti <Santosh_Koti@infosys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need to allocate a memory of 2 GB (~ 2048) , I tried setting it in
GERONIMO_OPTS , but unfortunately doesn't start up, if I get back to
1536MB, it goes fine..?

> My sys info:
>
>    3.5 GB RAM
>
>    Win 2003 Server Ed.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Santosh.
>
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

>  This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.