geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Santosh Koti" <Santosh_K...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Self-contained EAR
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:08:43 GMT

Maria,

Thanks for ur explanation.

Going by this...
"I can't talk for the current Tomcat release but in the past ...
let's turn around some common phrase to "never run a changing system"

Should I pursue with J/G/Open source...? :~)

Thanks,
Santosh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ruebsam [mailto:mario.ruebsam@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 4:06 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Self-contained EAR

Santosh,

Santosh Koti wrote:
> Mario,
>
> Why u stick to Jetty , why not Tomcat...?  :)

this is a long story and the story is driven by the many releases of
Tomcat (with major changes) and problems we had to to sail round when
we used JBoss/Tomcat until we used JBoss/Jetty

I can't talk for the current Tomcat release but in the past ...
let's turn around some common phrase to "never run a changing system"

> Any technical explanation, just ur passion for Jetty...?

small, smart, fast and yes it's a bit passion ;-)

> For lesser complex applications, G is fine, but for very large &
complex
> systems, better choose G to sub-ordinate some tasks of it.

That may be true, but what complex? You can write an EJB application
to sell some goods in an simple webshop. That is complexity by app
design
but not by requirement. When I find some time I write an entry in my
blog about
how to unhype EJB for simple structured business projects.
I can't talk about the large projects with many subsystems involved, but
I can tell you that there are a lot of systems where performance is
burned by
overhead in the app design and the middleware used.

Clustering G is an issue currently but this will change in future.

> But still G is special ..!

it is

Thanks,
Mario

> Thanks,
> Santosh.
> "Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave. "

In
> either case, external libraries can also be placed in the Geronimo
> server repository and referenced with dependency elements in the
> Geronimo deployment plan (see Section 12.3.1, Customizing the Class
> Path)."
> file, which does include the libraries that should be in the
classpath.
> However, those libraries are not found at runtime.  Here is my EAR's
> structure:
> interfaces)
> libraries in the EAR, such as spring-*.jar without any path)

> message:
> org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext in
> classloader

default/promo-ear-2.0.0-snapshot_promo-web-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war/1152257080
> 360/car
> reference its own libraries.  How can this be done?

solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are
unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You
should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content
of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or
from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.