geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classpath for MDBs
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:46:39 GMT
Nathan Mittler wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm fairly new to EJB and am trying understand the way classpaths work
> in Geronimo with respect to MDBs.  I have a pretty simple app - just
> one MDB that consumes from JMS and writes to the database.  It
> requires a few jars (hibernate, spring, etc) and I bundle those
> dependencies along with the MDB into an ear (using Maven) and then
> deploy the whole app to Geronimo 1.1.
>
> However, when the MDB receives JMS messages from AMQ, it doesn't seem
> to be able to find any of the other classes in the EAR.  I'm guessing
> this is due to it being in the classloader of the AMQ connector,
> rather than the ear upon invocation.  I was able to fix this by
> manually adding all of the dependencies to Geronimo's repository and
> then listing those dependencies in the openejb-jar.xml.  This seems to
> do the trick.
>
> My questions are:
> 1) Is there a better way to deploy a module along with all its
> dependencies to Geronimo - rather than wrapping them up in an ear?  A
> tool perhaps?
> 2) Is there a more appropriate (and simpler) solution to the
> classloader "problem" with MDBs? ( ... assuming I have diagnosed the
> problem correctly)
//It could be that you are hitting a bug that should be fixed in the
upcoming 1.1.1 release (
//http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2125 ).  Also check you
are setting the "//Class-Path: entry"// in the META-INF///MANIFEST.MF
file in the JAR containing the MDB to point to the libraries (e.g.
hibernate) in the EAR (not that this will help you without the fix).

Also see the following mail threads related to the issue:

//http://www.mail-archive.com/user@geronimo.apache.org/msg03407.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg26669.html

Regards,

John