geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Unknown start exception when extending DeltaManager in G1.1 - Special attribute objectName must have the type java.lang.String
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 20:31:56 GMT
My hostinfoGBean gbean deploys but will not startup.

This is my gbean which I am trying to upgrade to Geronimo 1.1. It compiled,
deployed and started in Geronimo 1.0.
If I take out the implementation to the DeltaManager and deploy the GBean, It
deploys and starts up without errors. (code for gbean is below)

Deployment message after taking DeltaManager implementation out of the GBean:
-
     Deployed wnode/wnode/1.0/jar
-

When deploying my hostinfoGBean that extends DeltaManager, I get this
configuration error:
-
         Special attribute objectName must have the type java.lang.String,
     but is javax.management.ObjectName:
     targetClass=org.cait.wnode.hostinfoGBean
-

If I extend DeltaManager in my GBean for Geronimo 1.1, do I now have to do
something different?

When deploying a GBean, which extends DeltaManager, in Geronimo 1.0 I do not get
a startup configuration error.

Error message after deployment:
-
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
wnode/wnode/1.0/jar failed
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
... snip ...
         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown
start exception
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
         ... 36 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Special
attribute objectName must have the type java.lang.String, but is
javax.management.ObjectName: targetClass=org.cait.wnode.hostinfoGBean
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanAttribute.<init>(GBeanAttribute.java:85)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanAttribute.createSpecialAttribute(GBeanAttribute.java:68)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.addManagedObjectAttributes(GBeanInstance.java:1194)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:245)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.java:354)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:362)
         ... 38 more
     Error: Operation failed: start of wnode/wnode/1.0/jar failed

         Unknown start exception

         Special attribute objectName must have the type java.lang.String,
     but is javax.management.ObjectName:
     targetClass=org.cait.wnode.hostinfoGBean

Here is my deployment plan for hostinfoGBean:
-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
   <environment>
     <moduleId>
       <groupId>wnode</groupId>
       <artifactId>wnode</artifactId>
       <version>1.0</version>
       <type>jar</type>
     </moduleId>
     <dependencies>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
         <artifactId>catalina-cluster</artifactId>
         <version>5.5.15</version>
         <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
         <artifactId>catalina</artifactId>
         <version>5.5.15</version>
         <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <artifactId>geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec</artifactId>
         <version>1.1</version>
         <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>
       <dependency>
         <artifactId>geronimo-servlet_2.4_spec</artifactId>
         <version>1.0.1</version>
         <type>jar</type>
       </dependency>
     </dependencies>
   </environment>
   <gbean name='hostinfoGBean' class='org.cait.wnode.hostinfoGBean'></gbean>
</module>
-

Here is my hostinfoGBean class:
org/cait/wnode/hostinfoGBean.java
-
package org.cait.wnode;

import java.util.HashMap;
import org.apache.commons.logging.*;

import org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfo;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoBuilder;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle;

public class hostinfoGBean extends DeltaManager implements GBeanLifecycle {

         public static final GBeanInfo GBEAN_INFO;

         private static final Log glog = LogFactory.getLog(hostinfoGBean.class);

         public static GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo(){
                 return GBEAN_INFO;
         }
         static{
                 GBeanInfoBuilder infoBuilder = new
GBeanInfoBuilder("hostinfoGBean",hostinfoGBean.class);
                 infoBuilder.addInterface(hostinfoGBean.class);
                 GBEAN_INFO = infoBuilder.getBeanInfo();
         }

         // public hostinfoGBean(String[] hostport) {}

         public void doFail() {
                 glog.info("Service failed");
         }

         public void doStart() throws Exception {
                 glog.info("Service started");
         }

         public void doStop() throws Exception {
                 glog.info("Service stopped");
         }

         public String getName() {
                 return "node1.domain-noc1.test.com";
         }
         public String getPort() {
                 return "80";
         }
         public int getSessionCount() {
                 HashMap SessionHashMap = this.sessions;
                 int NumberOfSessions = 0;
                 NumberOfSessions = SessionHashMap.size();
                 return NumberOfSessions;
         }

}
-